Thursday, October 11, 2007

Some Old Shit(Archetype circa 2000)


I was diggin through book after book of cds recently, trying to find some old songs of mine as I rebuild my Itunes catalog yet again, and I ran across these gems. Back in 2000, Nez and ID of Archetype came to Arizona, when I was in recording school, hitching a ride with my brother and some friends coming for spring break. In a two day marathon of sessions, we recorded 14 songs, some of which ended up on Archetype's first album. Now me being the nerd that I am, was super excited when I came across a dics of the original mixdowns from those sessions. I still think these are some of my favorite things I have done. If nothing else I am attached to them because it was really my first full project as an engineer. But the quality of these has stood up to me, whereas some things I have done are good for the time, but going back later ended up being disapointing. Not so here, these songs still have the same vibe, engery, fun, and passion that's hard to put into songs when you're trying to do this for a living, and I think they sound dope as shit to(although that could probably be more attributed to the half a million dollars or so of equipment we were using than to me being an awsome engineer right out of the gate). So, listen and enjoy these as much as I do.
Mind is a Miricale
pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer">
Broadcast

Parallels

Babble on

Signal



p.s. I found the above picture recently as well, this is probably 8 years old or so, and taken after a drunken bike ride to the kwik stop to shoplift cans of chicken noodle soup at 4 am. I thought it was fitting for this post for some reason.

3 comments:

Renard Arctique said...

I like the empty bottle of tequila and the full bottle of dish soap. It is what it is.

thePhantom* said...

FA REAL!?!?!?! lol

Thomas said...

Awesome - that pic and those trax definitely bring bag memories. Beautiful, hedonistic, debaucherous memories.